Monday, May 23, 2011

Enough With the Stripes Already!

Okay, I get it. Stripes are so in right now. I have purchased a striped top and a striped wrap cardigan within the past two years. I also have a new dress with a striped bodice. And I love them. But now all I see are stripes, stripes, stripes.

For example, a search for “stripes” on Shopbop yields 457 items right now, spanning tops, bathing suits, dresses, and shorts. The same search on Nordstroms is 601 items. Asos? 650. There are 21 striped sweaters at J. Crew alone. Heavens to murgatroyd. It’s getting a little crazy.

In my dream world, I would like to see a wider selection of patterns, like low-contrast small prints, watercolor effects, or even digital pixels. I also can’t get enough colorblocking.

So my friends, I hope the stripeyness of fashion calms down soon. If not, when I continue to wear my striped dress over the years, it will be “so 2011.”

1 comment:

  1. Stripes will always be chic!
    Love this cardi, darling!
    You look lovely :)

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete

Please add to the conversation! I'd love to hear from you.