Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Price of Cuteness


I have an attraction to cute. Think bubble tea, Yoda, short, flippy, blonde hair, and that cute widdle biddy Mini Cooper that I dwribe awound.

One area of this physical world that is a veritable calendar of cuteness is the realm of shoes. There are so many cute shoes out there! And, to my dismay, the internet makes them even more desirable. I mean, how many pairs of shoes have I purchased online that I never would have purchased in a store? My friends, it is many. The net of the final, non-returnable sale has been one I have been caught in often.

All this is to say that I wear those 5-inch stiletto Steve Madden nude patent platforms as often as possible, which isn’t often, but when I insist on doing so, there is a cost; I waver and shuffle slowly along, taking widdle biddy steps, and every eight minutes I have to stop walking because my feet hurt. My husband calls it “the price of cuteness.”

It is a price I am willing to pay. Whether it’s a summer dress that isn’t thick enough to stand up to an air conditioned room, a linen jumpsuit that makes me undress when I go to the restroom, or that itchy sweater that I don’t want to bulk up by wearing a layer underneath, I love dressing cute, whether I’m comfortable or not. Maybe you can relate.

Excuse me, I have to go design a brochure… I think I’ll put a basket of kittens on the cover…

2 comments:

  1. Those heels are fab!!

    xx Love & Aloha
    *Swing by to enter my Wendy Mink Jewelry Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharonlei! I think so too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please add to the conversation! I'd love to hear from you.