Monday, March 14, 2011

My Top 4 Workwear Brands

Hello my friends! I wanted to share with you my go-to brands for office life. These are what I always look for, the best quality I can afford. I wish I could say Theory, DVF, or Thomas Pink, but I simply don't have that kind of budget!

1. BCBGMaxAzria
You can always expect pieces that are office-appropriate while still feeling young and modern. On-trend colors, some girly details, in fabrics that are sturdy.

2. Calvin Klein
I'm not talking the Collection or anything! I'm talking the CK that you can get at Macy's and at outlets. I am a true minimalist, and their plain button-up shirts, straight-leg pants, flattering work dresses, and even their footwear appeals to the graphic designer in me.

3. Jones New York
This is my workwear secret: JNY sweaters, skirts, jackets, and pants. This stuff is inexpensive, often found on sale, and lasts forever. It goes with everything in my closet. The best quality for amazing prices!

4. Nine West
When I first moved to Chicago, I was awed by Nine West shoes. Many uncomfortable pairs later, I have given up on the brand for footwear. Sure, the shoes are trendy, but bloody feet are not. However, the clothing is an entirely different animal: comfortable, fashionable, and easy-to-wear fabrics. Love wearing Nine West to the office.

Really, quality is key with me. I want a few clothes that will last forever, not lots of clothes that last two years. This standard rules out cheap, shoddy brands like The Gap.

But share with me your go-to brands, I would love to hear them!

5 comments:

  1. Love these, and also Ann Taylor!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I agree, CC! Ann Taylor is #5. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I love CK, Ann Taylor (and their Loft line), and Banana Republic. I haven't tried Nine West's clothes yet, but I really like the way they look--I might just have to take the plunge next time I find some on clearance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Savvy Gal! Thanks for your comment; I am glad I'm not alone in my love for BCBG.

    Thanks Angeline for your comment! I go through phases of BR, right now I'm not really shopping there but they do have great work ensembles.

    ReplyDelete

Please add to the conversation! I'd love to hear from you.