Wednesday, September 22, 2010

European Street Fashion




I kept my eyes wide open as we traveled to England, France, Italy, and Germany. Here’s what I saw everywhere:

- Ballet flats. Usually in black.
- Blazers. Blazers. Blazers. Small and oversized. Why didn’t I bring any?
- Tennis/sporty shoes (not workout shoes).
- Straight leg jeans in medium or dark washes.
- Skinny pants and jeans.
- Black clothing.
- Leggings.
- Pencil skirts.
- Large hobo handbags.
- Longchamp and Louis Vuitton handbags.
- Striped shirts, especially in Paris.
- Lots of scarves. It was chilly in London and Frankfurt.

It is true that Europeans dress more formally than we do here in the United States. And I did see girls wearing high heels once in a while. I think if I would have known this, and anticipated the cooler weather, I would have packed differently.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Faith, we love what you're doing on your blog Zealous Blonde. We wanted to thank you for entering the contest that Beso.com sponsored on the glamourai and invite you to enter our new $1,000 “We <3 Brands" Giveaway.

    Thanks so much!
    The Beso.com Team.
    www.beso.com

    ReplyDelete

Please add to the conversation! I'd love to hear from you.