Thursday, August 25, 2011

Color Is King

DSC00301_2

DSC00300_2

silk scarf from India, tank top from Target, knit blazer by Majestic, Joe's Jeans The Pant, Repetto flats, Nixon watch, Zoya Mieko nail polish

It seems to me that color is a driving force behind fashion. If I like an item of clothing, or an outfit, it's because of its color. Color determines how I put outfits together, it determines what season I'm dressing for, it's how I organize my closet, and it's how I think about new purchases. I also consider cut and fabric, but it really comes down to color for me.

I enjoyed putting this outfit together. I wanted to showcase this beautiful scarf my good friend brought for me from her trip to India, so I paired it with neutrals and accented it with other touches of bright color (shoes, nails, watch, and lips, though you can't see the lipstick too well, it's bright). Have a colorful day, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add to the conversation! I'd love to hear from you.