Monday, August 15, 2011

Paisley or Indian Pattern?

DSC00211_2

DSC00212_2

blouse by Dana Buchman, pants by BCBGMazAzria, shoes by Circa Joan & David, Rimmel London Steel Grey nail polish

Usually I would call this pattern paisley and that would be the end of it. But yesterday I received a gift from a friend who had just returned from India, a patterned silk scarf, which reminded me of this blouse. Because of the varied patterns, including florals, on this top, I am more inclined to think of it as Indian-influenced.

2 comments:

  1. You look nice in the blouse.

    Paisley is an Indian design - referred to in the native tongue as, 'mango.' So your 'paisley or indian-influenced pattern' is one in the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anonymous, I didn't know that! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please add to the conversation! I'd love to hear from you.