Friday, November 12, 2010

Being Content

For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it.
But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 1 Timothy 6:7-8


I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.
I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. Philippians 4:12


Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have,
because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
Hebrews 13:5


I want a grey belt. I want a new pair of black pants. And a black puffer coat? Yep, it’s on the list. And the more I think about my list, the longer it gets…camel turtleneck, red silk blouse, and on and on… who said something about the more we have, the more we want?

So these scriptures on being content, no matter what our circumstances, bring me back to center. Being content is not a goal. It’s a way of life. It’s what we are as we work towards our life goals. It’s an appreciation for what we do have. If all I have is God, he is enough. He fills up my heart, where material possessions can continue to make holes.

My friends, do not be vexed as you window shop, look at the runways, or compare your wardrobe to others. Because being content is only a decision away, and it’s one we can make every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add to the conversation! I'd love to hear from you.